Friday, October 5, 2012

Frugal Living~Make Your Own Fabric Softner

I found this "recipe" for making your own fabric softner over a year ago on Carrie's blog Farming on Faith.  It is so easy to make.  I have made it often and I think it works just as well as store bought fabric softner. 

You will need~~


2 cups hair conditioner (I use Suave in Lilac or Misty Mountain scents)
1 cup vinegar
6 cups water

Mix them all together in a bottle or container of your choice.  Use as you would store bought fabric softner.  It's that easy!  If you use liquid fabric softner, this will definately save you money.  I got the conditioner for free (combining a sale and coupon!), and the vinegar was less than $3 for the large bottle~~so each load costs just pennies.

It leaves a nice scent, too!

Have a great day!

Blessings,


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

3 comments:

  1. I have seen many ideas for fabric softner and frankly I just use plain old vinegar. However, I like this idea and will have to use it. Thanks for resharing it because I don't think I saw it at Carrie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    I'm stopping by from the Modest Mom link-up. I have tried homemade fabric softener before. The only ingredients were vinegar, water, and baking soda. It didn't work well at all, maybe b/c we have such hard water. So I will try this recipe...I'm always on the look-out for money saving tips. :)
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I'm having problems trying to "follow" you, but as soon as the issue is resolved, I'll be a faithful follower.
    I'd love to have to stop by and visit me sometime.
    Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I need to get a downy ball.
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!