Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Perspective



You may have noticed a stillness around here.  This has been an intentional quiet for me.  I have been enjoying the summer with our children, but also praying about the direction of this blog.  I've been praying about what I want it to be, where I want to go with it, what do I really have to share with you, and do you even want to read about it?

There are so many blogs out there that I enjoy reading, and I thought I should make my blog like those in order to get readers (we all want readers for our blogs, right?).  But I was having a hard time with it because the blog wasn't really me.  I was thinking about ending it, but I really do enjoy keeping one.  So what should I do?

I lifted the burden up in prayer.  I realized that I needed a purpose for my blog in order to maintain what I really want to do with it.  I want my heart to come through to readers.  I want to share with others what I've learned as a wife, mother, and homemaker.  I want to enjoy my blog and I hope you will too!

So...here is my "purpose" in running my blog.  I am a woman who loves her husband and her children.  I desire to live my life as scriptures clearly state a woman should.  I believe that a woman (and young women, girls, etc) should dress as a woman with modesty and I try to live that out in my own life before my daughters by wearing skirts almost exclusively.  I believe that women should be home with their children and would like to help more mothers desire to be happily at home by sharing frugal tips and ways to save money.  I would like to show others the joy in homemaking, even though society may degrade and demean this extremely valuable position.  I have a passion for sharing these things with others.  I did not have an "older woman" (Titus 2) to share homemaking, loving my husband and children, taking care of a home, parenting, and so many other skills necessary in this field.  While I don't want to call myself an "older woman"  (especially since I still glean advice whenever I can get it) I desire to help other younger women by sharing what I have learned in my journey as I know there are women out there who also do not have a Titus 2 mentor.  We have an autistic child who also has a physical disability, so parenting a special needs child and the challenges and blessings that go with that is also a big part of my life.  I want to share the life of our (large~ish) family and also homeschooling since that is now a big part of our life.  These a just a few of the things on my heart, and I pray that as God places more things on my heart to share, I would be bold to follow where He leads, and not fear what others may think.

I've changed the setting of my blog to something I found that is just more "me"!  I hope you like it, and I pray that you will be blessed by my blog!  Let me know what you think!


Have a great day!

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for being True to you! I want to start sharing my Faith on my blog as well. But it has been difficult for me. For many reasons.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!