Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Happy Thursday!

If you read my post last Thursday, you know how our son convicted me to take a more thankful approach to life.  Participating in Thankful Thursday's is just a small way I can take account for my attitude.  Today I'm thankful for....

Grandparents!  My own grandparents,, my husband's grandparents, and my children's grandparents.  My husband lost all but 1 of his grandparents when he was small.  His last living grandmother passed away just after we got engaged.  I did not know her long, but for the short time I knew her, she was a blessing.  I know his grandparents left an impression on his heart as he still speaks of them.  I am blessed to have a few grandparents living yet, and I am very thankful for their health as they get older.  And since I still have grandparents, that means my children have their grandparents and great grandparents.  They are a blessing in my children's lives and they love them very much.

At Christmas time, I am especially thankful for grandparents.  My grandparents lived near to us and we visited them often.  They were (and still are) a very important part of my life.  They were included in some of the best memories I have as a child.  I miss the grandparents that have passed away more at Christmas time~I miss seeing their faces at the table, listening to them, their hugs, and just having them around.

Sweetcheeks with her great grandma

My grandparents left a big impression in my life and are a part of who I am today.  I have a grandmother who has passed on her love of sewing to me.  I have a grandmother who has passed on her love of baking and having her family near to her.  I have a grandfather who used to make me crazy when he called me that pet name in front of others~how much I would give to hear that again (in front of the world!).  And a grandfather who taught me that sometimes keeping quiet was the best way to solve things.  They have passed on their love for the Lord, for family, and for others.  I know I would not be the person I am today without their love and care.


Sunshine with his grandpa

Sunshine and great grandpa~almost 90 years between them!
If you still have grandparents in your life, consider yourself blessed and be thankful.  If you are a grandparent, never underestimate the value you have in your grandchildren's lives.  You can never be replaced, and are loved more than you know.

All our kiddo's with grandpa and grandma
What are you thankful for?  For more thankful thoughts, please visit this months host, visit Iris at Grace Alone.  Have a blessed week!

Blessings,




3 comments:

  1. :)
    I miss my Peepaw so much, he passed away near Christmas 6 years ago. Such sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew my paternal grandparents but my mom's mom - my grandma was a blessing. She's the one who called me Ms. Kathleen! My kids were raised around my hubby's parents. They are amazing. So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I still had my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!