Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why I Hate Facebook On The First Day Of School!

School starts today at the public school in our town.  Our middlest just got on the bus and is on his way for his first day of fourth grade.  He's looking forward to seeing his friends again.  I'm a bit sad that the summer is over and he won't be home until 3:30 each day.

But, sadly, many don't feel this same way.  Last year on the first day of school, my Facebook page was filled with mommy's who were praising the first day of school, and the days of freedom from their children.  How awful for these children to know that their parents are excited to have them leave the home for a good part of each day.

So I will not be looking at Facebook today.  I don't want to hear how excited you are that your kids are at school.  I'm going to be baking cookies with our other children so that when Spud comes home from school, we can enjoy our time together over cookies and milk. 

Have a great day!

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!