Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY~December 14, 2010
Outside my window... Snowed this weekend, sunny today, but it was -2 degrees when I got up this morning!  I think think it may get up to 5 degrees today!  Yikes!
I am thinking...about the date night I had with my husband last Friday, and how we need to schedule that into our lives more often!
I am thankful for... my husband and good neighbors who all helped each other with the snow this weekend
From the kitchen...beef and potato casserole, applesauce
I am wearing...jeans and sweater~I need to find my slippers, my feet are cold
I am creating...burp cloths for some friends
 I am going...to make lots of baked goodies this week!
I am reading... Bible, A Simple Amish Christmas by Vanetta Chapman
I am praying...for simplicity in our lives, for our family to be closer to one another, to follow God's Will in my life
I am hearing...little ones playing~I love that sound!
Around the house...Vaccuming done, sheets in the washer and towels waiting to go next, going to make some cookies
One of my favorite things...snow storms~it was great to sit at home with my husband and kids and spend time together.  My husband didn't exactly like the aftermath though!
A few plans for the rest of the week...A Christmas program tonight for our oldest two children, youth group tomorrow, music lessons on Thursday.  We're thinking about our annual Christmas light drive for this weekend.  We get in the van (kiddo's in their pj's), and drive around to see all the Christmas lights.  There is a business not too far away that has a great light show set to music.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
More from the snowstorm!
For more daybooks, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!