Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Frugal Living~~Make Your Own Dishwasher Detergent

This is a very simple recipe for dishwasher detergent.  This is the only detergent I use in our dishwasher, and I've never had a problem with it.  It cleans just as good as store bought detergents. 

All you need to make it is~~

equal parts of Borax and washing soda (NOT baking soda!).  Mix together and put in a container of your choice!  Fill your dishwasher as you would with store bought detergent.  That's it!  You do need to make sure you use a rinse aid or your dishes will be cloudy.  Another frugal tip~use vinegar as your rinse aid.  I've never bought rinse aid since finding this tip! 

Try it and start saving money!

Blessings,


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

3 comments:

  1. Love this and can't wait to try it. I had read about using vinegar as a rinse aid, you can also use it as a fabric softener in your laundry. I will be posting about this on my blog after I try it out. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    I've been enjoying your blog since I started following. I wanted to let you know I nominated your site for the liebster award.
    You can find details on my page :)
    http://imperfectlyperfectgrace.blogspot.com/2012/10/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made DW detergent with more ingredients, I know Sea salt was one, and it doesn't work well. We're ready to go commercial again, but I'll try your recipe first. We have an older machine, so that and the fact that hubs takes it as a challenge to get ever last knife he can in there might be culprits, lol. Wish me luck!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!