Monday, October 22, 2012

I Do It Myself, Mommy!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6


"I do it myself, Mommy."


Our 3 year old has decided to become Mr. Independent lately.  He wants to get dressed by himself, brush his teeth himself, even buckle his own car seat (which we don't let him do by the way!).  Sometimes he struggles.  And struggles some more.  What great joy when he finally does it by himself.  He's learning he can do great things by himself.


Or can he?  Can we?

I'm reminded about my own struggles in letting God take control of every aspect of my life.  So many times I've said I'm going to leave things to God, only to take the situation out of His hands. 

"I do it myself!"  

Then come the struggles.  And sometimes more struggles.  Until I finally give it to the Lord entirely.  And what great joy when I finally do it with HIM!  I'm learning I can do great things with God.

So while I smile at my 3 year old's determination to do it by himself, I know my heavenly father smiles when I ask for help. 

Now, I need to help this same child get his arm out of the head hole of his shirt!

Blessings,


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

11 comments:

  1. My 3 year old has become very inpendent as of late as well. It's pretty interesting to see what she comes up with when we let her pick out her own clothes.

    Found you via Mommy Moments. http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely and a little miracle each time they learn to do something new by themselves I think :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Cusiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! I'm a new follower from Monday Meet Up!

    You've got one adorable little boy! I remember this stage really well. Actually, we are still in it! :o) My daughter is 10 and ever since she was 2, she could "do it all herself". I figure when she's a mother herself, she might finally need my help again. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome moment to capture! I have been enjoying so many similar moments with my two year old (and his siblings) lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and reminds me of my 2 year old girl who is insisting on dressing herself. She is a little determined button who still puts both feet in one leg hole. Bless her.
    Thanks for showing the pictures of your little determine man and I am following you now. I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/mindful-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. " I know my heavenly father smiles when I ask for help." YES! So true... I have to remind myself of this often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I enjoyed this so much...and especially after this week. It was such a simple post...just pictures and a few sentences under each. Who says we have to write a "book" to get a point across?!

    One of my sons took off his PJ bottoms at about 2 1/2 years of age and then put them back on...with both legs in ONE of the PJ legs, LOL!!

    Thanks for linking this especially refreshing post up at WholeHearted Home this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like he did pretty good! Thanks for linking up for Mommy Moments!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you tie in your child's independence with your own and our heavenly Father! Thank you for sharing and linking up at Simply Helping Him! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet post. Great illustration.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a Blessed Sunday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!