Thursday, December 6, 2012

Why Do I Love My Children?


Why do I love my children?  Let me count the reasons....

~~They love to change my cell phone ringer so I never know it is MY phone ringing!

~~My bed, walls, and carpet have all been painted with permanent marker.

~~They ALWAYS have something good to say about my cooking.  I NEVER hear the words yuck, nasty, disgusting, or my favorite...sick and wrong!!

~~I never know how many people I'm going to wake up with in the morning.

~~I get kisses from runny nosed children.  Seriously, what are you going to do?

~~I get quite an education (most of the time humbling!) every day.  Like when I asked why did Jesus have to die and the answer I got was "because he's taking all the mean stuff out of our hearts"!  

~~I find the decor of our house changed. Like this.......

Or this.....


~~ I get to hear the funniest things each day.  Our 3 year old keeps calling our pastor a pirate because he forgets the word pastor.  He also keeps calling the angel on top of our tree a witch for the same reason!!

But the best reason is.....

I get to hear "I Love You, Mommy!"  What else can I ask for in life?

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

7 comments:

  1. ahhh, i am about to have kiddo #1 and i am just so thrilled to experience these things! can. not. wait! thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how many blessings are tied up in family, especially children! Very cute, fun, and beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mom of six, so I totally get this post LOL. We are going to miss this all some day in the future, or so I hear. ;-)

    In Christ,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, your in a the full fledged stages of motherhood! ENJOY EVERY SECOND and don't pull your hair out :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess your pictures have given me such a great laugh! I miss having little ones who do cute things like this! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with me this week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess,
    Thanks for linking up with me today! I love this post...I laughed out loud about the cell phone ringer! Oh, and the permanent marker, kids in the bed, and snot kisses totally resonate with me!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post too! Thanks for the giggle!
    Ashton says they are finally getting snow at school today...she loves Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!