Monday, April 15, 2013

Frugal Living~Make Your Own Taco Seasoning


 One of the ways we save money is by making it ourselves if we can.  Our family loves taco's and we have it for supper often.  I found this recipe for taco seasoning online over a year ago, and have been making it ever since.   I double or triple this recipe since we use it so much.

Taco Seasoning

2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp salt (I use less)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1Tbsp onion flakes
1Tbsp chili powder
½ Tbsp black pepper

Mix together and keep in an air~tight container.  Add 1-2 Tbsp of mix per pound of ground beef.  Use more or less depending on your taste! 

Enjoy your taco's!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I too make my own taco seasoning mix and anything else that I can to help with grocery budget. I will have to compare our recipes Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you! We eat taco something at least once a week! Seasoning is expensive, and I like knowing what I am feeding my family!
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!