Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Child Like Faith


I am amazed and humbled by my children more often than not.  These small creatures have the ability to stop me in my tracks and call me out on an area I am lacking in.  It is usually when I am tired or frustrated over something.  It is usually because I am saying something in "THAT" tone.  Yes, that tone!.  The one that tells my children that I am not really loving them that much right now. 

Mamma is frustrated and spewing bad attitude all over the place!

Yet, these little ones look at me with innocence in their eyes and are unable to figure out why I am angry with them or their siblings.  Our 3 year old is usually the child to set me straight.  If I am angry with one of his siblings, he will come up to me and simply state, "but mommy, he's/she's my friend". 

What do you do with that?

This child doesn't care that his sibling just did something I consider not to be right.  He's/she is his friend!  If he can look past the offense, why can't I?

Why Can't I?

Because I am stuck in an unforgiving attitude.  I am still upset about something, and I just can't let it go.  I need to stew about it for a while longer. 

And this accomplishes what, exactly?

Good question! 

When we go to God and ask for forgiveness, He certainly doesn't act this way.  He doesn't sulk in a chair, or make sure everyone knows how He has been wronged.  He doesn't hold a grudge or become crabby.

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. Hebrews 8:12

All is forgiven.  I am forgiven.  And He will remember it no more.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

So, I am thankful that God has blessed me with these little souls.  And I will remember that what is important is that they are my "friends".  I will forgive their sins, and remember it no more.  What a blessing to have a child like faith.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, thank you so much for linking up with me. Have a blessed day. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what our minister preached on yesterday. Thanks for the reminder today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are getting old enough (9,12,13) to tell me when I am exhibiting a bad attitude. I am so thankful for their honesty and encourage them to call me out when I need it. It allows me an open door to do the same for them respectfully. Blessings to you and your little ones! Thanks for this post...we are all so guilty in getting stuck in unforgiveness and you are right...this accomplishes what? Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!