Friday, August 2, 2013

Be Careful Little Eyes....

source~free digital photos

"You know better than that!"

 

This was recently spoken by my Four Year Old! 



 To ME!!

Oh, WOW!  How many times have I spoken those words?  Apparently way too many!  This was a much needed reminder that little eyes {and ears!} are always watching me. 

Watching how I respond to situations.

Watching how I interact with others.

Watching where I place my priorities.

Watching and listening to EVERYTHING!

So many times my children hear me say things in frustration.  So many times my children see me react to a situation instead of act upon it.  So many times I have been an un~Godly example to my children.


For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.  Matthew 12:34

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.  Proverbs 4:23


My heart attitude is the real problem, sometimes.  I get caught up in emotions or whatever may be going on that I forget about those little eyes and ears.  I forget to ask the Lord to change my heart to conform to his.

My daily prayer is that I would be a good example to my children.  That they would learn good things from me and not just bad.  I don't want them to grow with some of the bad habits that I have.  I want my mouth and actions to reflect the nature of my heart, a heart after God's own.

When I remember that little eyes are watching me, I'll remember that God's eyes are upon me also.  What a difference this will make in my life.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess,

    I was just reading in my bible and notes about this; I almost did my post on this topic. We must be on the same wavelength. It is so true. I don't have the little eyes watching, but an adult daughter and know she is influenced by everything I do. Linking with Better Mom's today and you are my neighbor.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truths are so simple yet so profound, aren't they?
    Yes, I also need to hear "you know better than that" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are never too old to learn from our children. They can give us a wake call only to realize that we need to do a little self evaluation. This has happened to me many times.

    From A Mama's Story link-up

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!