Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Best Of Christmas 2012


 
Christmas is my favorite time of year (have I told you that before??)!  I love everything about Christmas~the baking, decorating, music, the grace and peace that seem to come along with the holiday, the Christmas pageants and movies, and just sitting in my living room snuggling with hubby in the glow of the Christmas tree sipping egg nog (while snow gently falls outside would make it absolutely perfect!!).  Someone recently told me I make Christmas sound like a Hallmark movie. 

Isn't it?

We were blessed to have family together, and even though my grandpa's stroke prevented him from attending our family get~together, we were still able to spend time with him (this was his 85th Christmas!).  We had a family Christmas eve service at home which I enjoyed and hope we will continue.  We were able to continue some of our Christmas traditions~driving around and looking at lights, Christmas movies, Christmas eve candlelight supper, and baking goodies for our neighbors just to name a few. 

One of my best memories of this past Christmas was enjoying the antics of one of our children.  He has been re~arranging our Christmas decorations all over the house, but has spent a considerable amount of time re~arranging our manger scene.  I must admit, at first I couldn't believe that he was messing with the manger scene.  Of all things, re~arranging how things looked that first Christmas!  But, this is our prankster child, and we all had a good time laughing about it. 

It all started with a lone goat.  I've affectionately named him Chester.  This poor little fellow has had quite an experience this year!  He has been placed in many places that he's never been in before!  He's been carried by wisemen...
 
he's been carried upside down! 
he had to stand in a corner! 
he got a roof~top view of the entire scene
 then the wisemen got into the silliness, also!  Apparently one had business with an angel to work out!
Mary and Joseph got to spend time with little Chester, also!
 
 
This was all done in fun, and made our Christmas quite jolly!  It became something all the kids got into, as we were all looking to see where Chester would end up next!  These are the things that make me smile!
 
Have a great day!
 
Blessings,



1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love making memories like that as well. Thank you so much for linking up at Leaving a Legacy.

    Blessings~
    Shari

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!