Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18


Happy Thursday!

I am so thankful that I joined in on Thankful Thursday's.  It has become one of my favorite days because it is an opportunity for me to become thoughtful about all I have to be thankful for.  It is so easy to get caught up in the "things" of life and forget all that I have been blessed with.  Thanksgiving is coming up next month and I am already starting to hear about the thankfulness of that season.  This is an opportunity for me to have that season all year round.  So...here is another small list of the things I have to be thankful for.

**my husband's job.  I know there are days he would like to give it away, but I know there are so many who do not have a job right now. 

**a great conversation with my daughter last night.  As she is growing, our talks take on a whole new special meaning to me.

**my warm home

**to stay home with my children each day

**this blog.  It started as something I just wanted to do as sort of a journal of our life, but I have found so many new wonderful friends!

**M&M's (smile!)

**the sister's I never thought I would have.  I grew up with 3 brothers and wanted a sister all my life.  I married a man with 3 sisters, and God blessed me with more  great sisters when my brothers married!

**I'm thankful that the elections are coming up and we won't be getting any more phone calls from someone or another wanting our vote (it's just so annoying!)

**God's grace each day!

Just a few of the blessings I am counting.  How about you?

For more on Thankful Thursdays, please visit this month's host Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage

Have a great day!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. I love this practice of counting my blessings each week, too. It's been a wonderful exercise ~ we really do have so much to be thankful for, even though some days we have to look harder than others!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for the smiles! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think God is trying to get a point across to us. Several of us today have used the same scripture. I love when that happens. AMEN to the end of the political stuff....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!