Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How Many Times Have I Told You?

I recently saw an ad for something (not even sure what that something was...) that had the title "How Many Times Have I Told You?" on the top.  The first paragraph (which is really the only thing I read) stated something about getting your kids to listen to you the first time so that you won't need to say "How many....".

That got me thinking.  I can give you many examples of things I say daily...sometimes many times daily....

"Please remember to flush the toilet when you are done"

"Turn the light off when you leave the room"

"Throw your dirty clothes down the chute"

"No running in the house"

"Gentle hands with the kitty"

"Inside voices in the house"

"Put your toys away when you are done with them"

I could go on with many others.  It is just part of the job title of MOM!  I'm not sure whatever that ad was for could get my kids to remember to do everything so that I won't need to tell them again.  I've accepted the fact that they will need me to tell them again....and again.....and......

But there are some things that I do want to tell my kids over and over again.  I tell them that I love them daily.  But I could improve in this area of my kids lives as well.  Some days I get busy.  Some days they get busy.  They know that their dad and I love them.  I know they all love me.  But isn't it nice to hear it as well?  Not just when they go to bed.  Not just when they leave the house.  How about at 2:15 on a Tuesday.  How about on the way to the grocery store.  How about dinner time.  How about any time of any day. 

Another goal I have added for myself is to tell my family that I love them more often.  I want them to know without a doubt that they are loved.  That they mean everything to me.   No matter what. 

Just as our heavenly father loves us.  Without a doubt.  No matter what.  What could be more comforting?

Have a great day!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!