Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frugal Living...How My Christmas Is Free!

I love Christmas.  It is absolutely my favorite time of the year.  As I type this, I already have Christmas music playing on my stereo~and yes, it drives my family crazy!  I thought about changing the music on my blog to Christmas music, too, but didn't want to drive you crazy as well!  Don't worry....it soon will be coming!


Last year I read different blogs about getting Christmas presents for free.  I wasn't sure it could be done, but I am proud to say that I have gotten, or will be getting many presents for free this year.  Let me share with you what I have done.


Swagbucks:  I told you about it HERE.  Swagbucks is a search engine that you use just as you would use Google or Yahoo.  The only difference is that you can earn "Swagbucks" each time you search something online.  You can then use these bucks to get prizes.  My favorite prizes are gift cards to Amazon or $5 deposited into my Paypal account.  I have then used that money to buy presents~free presents!


Pampers Gifts to Grow:   I don't use disposable diapers very often, but I do use wipes and Pampers are the only kind I like.  There are codes on each of the packages of wipes, and after creating an account, just enter your codes for points to be added to your account.  I used those points to "purchase" a gift for our son.  There is no charge for shipping, so this gift was entirely free!  Also, Freebies 4 Mom is a great resource for promotional codes.  I wouldn't have gotten nearly as many points this year if it weren't for Heather!


National Consumer Panel:  I told you about it HERE.  National Consumer Panel (NCP) is a program where you track your purchases via a scanner they provide and then transmit them to NCP by phone.  Each time you transmit your purchases you will earn points.  You will also earn points for answering surveys.  You then use those points to "purchase" gifts from their catalog.  All your equipment is provided by the company, and the gifts are also shipped free.  I also "bought" a gift for one of our children this way!


Inbox Dollars:  I told you about it HERE.  You will get paid to read e-mails and take surveys.  It isn't much money and won't make you rich by any means, but you do have the possibility of making a bit through out the year with this company.  There are various ways to earn money, and after your account reaches $30, you can request a check.  I have never had a problem with them~I've always gotten the money credited to my account, and have received and cashed the checks without problem.  I saved the money and purchased gifts with it~it was money I would not have had otherwise.  Every little bit helps!


Opinion Outpost:  I started with this company in September and I love it.  It is a survey company, and the amount you receive is dependant on the length and type of survey you finish.  After you have $5 in your account you can request a check.  I have made almost $30 in the two months since joining.  I have not had any problems with this company either, and have received the checks in less than a week after requesting them.  This has been a blessing to our family as well.  Again, you won't get rich with this company, but every little bit helps!


My goal in sharing this is to help others out during the Christmas season.  I know you may not be able to start these programs and get free presents this year, but what a great way to start the new year!  I was unsure at the beginning of the year if I could do any of these things, but I have done it.  It is great to be involved in these programs and help out our family.   I hope some of this information has helped you out today as well.  What have you gotten this year for free??


Have a great day!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!