Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day of School!

Yesterday we had our first official day of school.  It went much better than I thought it would.  It was almost 90 degrees outside yesterday and the sunshine was calling us saying "summer isn't over yet!!".  But we kept at it, and even got done sooner than I expected.  We started with Bible readiing and a prayer over our school year, and ended with Math for Sport.  Luckily math was mostly review, so it wasn't very painful!  He will really enjoy the map book that goes along with our Social Studies.  He would much rather do art than almost anything else! 



I am excited to see how this year goes, and I am really looking forward to seeing how Sweetcheeks grows this year.  We are working on her letters and numbers, and right now we're working on more vs. less.  She was having a bit of difficulty with it until we used some things she could understand.... "would you rather have 4 M&M's or 7 M&M's?  Suddenly she understood the concept!!  It was quite funny!  She gets to do lots of coloring which is something she also enjoys doing!


Yes, I know baby Moses' face is purple.  When I asked her about it, she just simply said, "that is how he looked!"

We are thinking about what we want our Bible verse for the year to be.  We want our year to be productive, but also to grow in the Lord.  I'll keep you updated.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!