Friday, January 7, 2011

Frugal Living...Make It Yourself!


Our family loves taco's.  We have them several times a month.  It is easy~our 12 year old loves to make them~and it is a fairly inexpensive meal.  One way we make it more economical is to make our own taco seasoning.  This recipe is one that our family likes the best, and really does taste like the store bought seasoning.  I got it online from a blog, unfortunately I didn't write down where.  So if you are reading this saying..."Hey, that is my recipe!", let me know and I will be happy to give you credit!! (c:

Taco Seasoning
2 Tbsp dried Oregano
2 Tbsp salt (I do use less that this, though)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion flakes
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp black pepper

Mix together in a small container.  Add 1-2 Tbsp of mix per pound of ground beef as your family likes it.

Enjoy!!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!