Friday, October 25, 2013

Another Liebster Award!!

 
Amanda over at Busy Mama 911 has nominated me for another Liebster Award!  Actually, she nominated me two weeks ago, but I'm just NOW getting this post finished!  I'm sure she has been wondering if I was ever going to accept this award!  My excuse is that it took me that long to write my acceptance speech.  I'd like to thank the academy....oh wait, wrong award!  I was nominated last October by another blogger for this award, and was super excited about being nominated again for it.  

If you need a reminder, the Liebster award is an award given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means: favorite, beloved, lovely, kind or dearest.  It is a way of learning a bit more about the bloggers who love to write their blogs. 

 Here are the rules....

~ List 10 random facts about yourself.

~Answer the 10 questions given to you.

~Create 10 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.

~ Choose 10 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.

~ Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.

~Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
 
 
10 Things about me!
~I earned the nickname "motormouth" in high school by my best friend's dad because apparently I talked too much and too fast!  I still like to talk and he still calls me "motormouth"!
~I love socks!  I like to wear colorful or crazy patterned socks, and I MUST wear them to bed.
~It drives me totally crazy when my kids {or anyone!} "write" on a window that has been fogged up.  House window, car window, mirror~~it doesn't matter.  I'm just kinda weird that way!
~ I do not like being home alone.  Not because of a fear, but I am so used to noise in the house that when I'm alone, it's too quiet!
~ Shoes and purses are my temptations when shopping.  Hubby put a stop to buying them many years ago, which I am actually thankful for, but a girl can still look and dream!!
~ I was born during the wrong era.  I love the lifestyle of Little House on The Prairie, and even though it was hard work, life seemed much simpler (well, because it really was!).   Although I will keep my electricity and indoor plumbing, thank you!
~ I hate going to the dentist.  Really!  Prior to this year, I had avoided the dentist for almost 8 years.  'Course that might be why I needed a root canal this year....
~ I'm turning into my mother and grandmother!  They both have a love for crochet and my grandma sews beautiful quilts.  I've become addicted to crocheting and I love to sew rag quilts.
~I am making my family crazy by playing Christmas music already!!  I LOVE Christmas!!
~I love watching old black and white movies.  {Especially Christmas movies!☺}

Amanda's 10 Questions for Me:
  1. Why did you start this blog? I saw the need in my own life for a woman to share the knowledge that they had learned about being a wife and mother.  I started this blog as a way for myself to pass along the things I have also learned on this journey.
  2. What is your favorite place to shop and why? I love shopping at thrift stores.  I enjoy saving money on things!
  3. Who is your blogging mentor? Hmmm, I don't really have one.  There are lots of bloggers that I look to when I have questions.
  4. Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts? Honestly, they just come to me as I go through each day.  I find inspiration in all kinds of things and the rest God just places on my heart.
  5. What is your favorite food? Hmmm, my fast response is peanut butter cups {my kids even give them to me for Christmas presents!!}, but I also love cherries and cheesecake {oooh, even better if they are both together~~the cherries and cheesecake I mean!}!!
  6. When do you find time to blog? usually when the kids are in bed, but I'm trying to carve out an hour or so in the afternoon to just work on blogging!  When the kids are put to bed I like to connect with hubby and that's a little difficult when I'm staring at a laptop!
  7. What’s your favorite beverage? At this time of year it is hot chocolate!  But during the warmer months, I must confess an addiction to Mt. Dew! {I know, I know...}
  8. What’s your biggest blogging challenge? Trying to get across what I want to say, and not worrying about what others might think about it.
  9. Do you have any pets? a black cat named "Whiskers"
  10. What is your favorite thing about blogging? the friends I've "met" since I started blogging. 


The questions for my nominee's:

  1. Why did you start your blog?
  2.  Who is your favorite character of the Bible?
  3. What is your favorite season and why?
  4. Where did you meet your spouse?
  5. What are your hobbies?
  6. What is your favorite family vacation?
  7. What is the funniest thing you did as a teenager?
  8. What is your favorite recipe?
  9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
  10. What is your favorite Bible verse?

My Nominations:

A Heart For My Home~~My sweet friend, Jen, who blogs about homemaking, marriage, parenting, and Christian living. 
 
Greatly Blessed~~A homeschooling family sharing their passion for adoption. 
Our Path Home~~From fostering to adoption and the struggles and joys it brings.
Blessed Simplicity~~A blog about life and living simply.
Our Plain And Simple Life~~Another blog about the ups and downs of living simply.
A New Song~~A new blog I've found about the life of a wife, mom, homeschooler, and all that goes with it!

Go check out these great blogs!

Thanks again, Amanda!

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the like button on the sidebar or go HERE!!



    3 comments:

    1. I love old movies - and the silence when no-ones home! There's so MUCH noise - that silence becomes a beautiful sound!!! Congrats on your award:)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I found you via the fun friday link up and am following! I was nominated for that award back in May, but I didn't see the email until August! Kind of missed the boat on that one. Anyway, I look forward to reading more about you!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I just loved reading your answers to the questions! Thank You for accepting my nomination.

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!