Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Disorganization Is Wasting Money


I just recently mentioned to hubby that since we moved we just can't seem to find our groove.  That's a normal thing after a move.

The problem??

We moved 6 months ago!!

We've been busy with home improvements.  We've been busy with homeschooling and gardening and camping trips and soccer games.  We've been busy with life! 

But busyness does not excuse my disorganization!  I've let a lot of things slide.  I haven't been good at housecleaning.  I've let laundry get behind.  I have had a hard time keeping up with groceries.  And all this disorganization is costing us money!

Since I've gotten behind on meal and grocery planning, I'm making more trips to the grocery store.  More trips to the grocery store means spending money on things I could have gotten on sale, or things I normally would not have bought.  Our grocery budget has definitely been taking a hit lately. 

I am wasting money on laundry also.  Hanging out clothes on the line helps save electricity, but if I'm not paying attention to the weather or getting behind on laundry, I use my dryer more often.  This is not helping my budget either!

My disorganization has affected my time at home also.  I'm running here and running there.  This wastes gas, but more importantly takes time away from my family.  I've become a scatterbrained mom!!

So, we've all had enough!  Hubby and I have "date nights" where we go out for supper, then go grocery shopping.  I'm planning my weeks out and making sure I am prepared for the week so I can do less running.  We're trying to find ways to get home improvements done, and still stick to cleaning schedules.  We are going to get back into a "groove"!

I'd love to know what you do to stay organized while doing home improvements!

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the like button on the sidebar or go HERE!!

2 comments:

  1. After moving 12 times in the past 21 years, I can tell you that the first 6 months after a move are the hardest! You have to stick to your plan as best as you can and give yourself a little grace as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend a preacher who loved to move on to new and greener pastures. His wife said, often she did not unpack everything and this served her well for the next move.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!