Thursday, October 31, 2013

Praying For Our Husbands


Praying for our husbands is a MUST in my opinion.  Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I was several years into my marriage.  Fortunately God got ahold of my heart and made me realize the importance of praying for my hubby.

I'm not talking about praying that God will change your husband.  I've been there and done that as well.  Turns out this isn't really what God intended when we pray for our husbands.  What I am talking about is praying FOR your husband.

A great resource I've found is Stormie Omartian's book, "The Power of the Praying Wife".  This book gives us one area to pray about for our husbands each day.  I have the book on my nightstand, but I also copied the list and have it inside my Bible.

What makes Stormie's book so great is that she has 30 things to pray over our husbands.  This works our perfectly so that you can pray each item over your husband each day of the month. 

Praying for my husband has made me see things in our marriage differently.  It has softened my heart when it was full of anger or bitterness.  It has made me realize more about my hubby and his heart.  It has encouraged me to try and be a better wife.  And I'd like to think it has blessed my husband in ways neither of us may know this side of heaven.

Take the next 30 days to pray over your husband.  See what this can do no only for him, but you also!

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the like button on the sidebar or go HERE!!

8 comments:

  1. Love this book, I also have it on my night stand. It has served as a great guide for how to pray for my man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the Thoughtful Thursday Blog Hop. What a great reminder about praying for our husbands. Stormie O'Martian is one of my favorite authors and I've been blessed to lead a Bible study written by her in the past. Have a a wonderful rest of your week and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! This is one of my favorite books. I've read it several times and did a series on it

    http://www.w2wministries.org/search/label/power%20of%20a%20praying%20wife

    Thanks for linking up with Woman to Woman's Word Filled Wednesday. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wholeheartedly agree, Jess! In fact, I've been meeting with a group of women who pray together for their marriages and we've seen God do amazing things in and through us. We may have initially set out to seek God's help with our marriages or with our spouses, but He has turned that mirror back on us and we are seeing where we need to grow and change instead. It's been hard but wonderful all at the same time. Thanks for sharing your convictions about this. It's a great reminder to all of us of the power of prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess
    First time visitor here from the Teach Me Tuesday Link Up and I just wanted to say that I too have Stormie's book which I purchased several years ago to start praying for my husband. Unfortunately, when I did purchase it, I did so with the intent of changing my husband and thankfully, the first chapter is praying about us (the wives) and to help change our hearts. I am very thankful that God spoke to my heart and softened my heart as I continue to pray for my husband. I have given a couple copies to the women in my Church and also the single ladies to help them in praying for their future spouse!
    Thanks for sharing this...

    Claudine at http://simplygrowin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Praying for myself to be a better wife definitely helps my husband and marriage! It really changed my heart when I humbled myself and stopped looking at my husband as the one who needed to change!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful reminder Jess! So excited to see you featured on Raising Arrows this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that book on my bookshelf, but I haven't yet taken it down to read it. I think it's about time I did . A great reminder and a great practice to get into.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!