Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Frugal Living--Make it yourself!


Since starting to live a frugal lifestyle, I am always on the lookout for a deal, a good bargain, something I just can't pass up.  Last week I came across just that. 

I found 2 loaves of day old french bread marked down to 90 cents!  We really like garlic bread with dinners like spaghetti, lasagna, or with grilled chicken salad.  At the grocery store a loaf of garlic bread is around $2.00 here.  I saw this bread and thought "hey I can make my own garlic bread!"  So I did!!  I just cut each loaf in half and sliced through the middle.  I buttered it and then added garlic salt and some parsley.  Closed the half loaf back up and placed it in the freezer.  For less than $2 I have garlic bread for 4 meals!  We had some this weekend, and my husband LOVED it!  He wanted to know what kind it was because it so much better than any other's I've gotten!  When I told him I made it myself, he told me to keep doing that!  The kids liked it too.  It is actually much softer than store bought~which we all liked!  It makes me so happy to know that I can save money while still making my family happy!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. It's great to meet you. You have a nice blog here so I became a follower. I enjoy meeting other Moms, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
    Many Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!