Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grandparents Day

Myspace Comments


This weekend is Grandparents Day!  My grandparents played such an important role in my life as a child, and actually they still do.  I had all of my grandparents until I was an adult.  In fact, I had several great grandparents for most of my childhood.  I have such great memories of times spent with each of them.  Staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house for the week during the summer, family reunions, dinners with them......aaahhh.....the wonderful memories!  Time has gone by too fast, as now several of them are awaiting a family reunion in heaven.   I remember my grandpa always would call me "tootz".  It was fine until I was in high school and he called me that in front of my friends.  I remember thinking how embarassing it was to have grandpa call me that when friends were around.  Now I would give anything to hear him say that--in front of anybody!!  He's been gone 19 years now.   I miss those grandparents who are no longer with us.  I was very blessed to have them in my life, and I am still blessed as I still have 1 grandfather and 1 grandmother and step-grandfather.  My husband lost his grandparents while he was still young, so he doesn't always understand the closeness I still feel with my grandparents.

I pray that you will take a few moments this weekend to remember the grandparents in your life.  Whether it is your own grandparents, or your children's grandparents.  They are special people in our lives!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jess


1 comment:

  1. My grandparents were very important to me too. My daughter is expecting my first grandchild soon. I am so excited. I pray that I can be a loving , positive influence in his life and a great help to my daughter and son-in-love. Be blessed.
    Cammy
    aka hopefulheart77 from HSB

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!