Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday!



“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18


Happy Thursday!

I have really come to enjoy Thursday's because it forces me to focus on what is truely important!  It is so easy in the busyness of life to forget all that God has blessed us with.  When I have to list~say outloud~the things I have to be thankful for, all the other things in life seem to melt away.  I am very blessed and here is a small list of the things I am thankful for:

**family~especially my grandparents.  I know of so many who do not have them anymore.

**my cold~~yes you read that right.  Having this cold makes me appreciate my health more and I am thankful for my health.

**charming neighbors

**the beautiful weather this week

**Christian school teachers and the wonderful things they do each day for our children

**blogging friends

**kisses from my kiddo's

**God's provisions in my life

**music

Take some time today and remember the things that God has blessed you with.  You will feel so much better after you do!  For more thankful thoughts, please visit Iris at Grace Alone.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. This is a great list...even the cold. It's so good to be reminded of things we take for granted. These Thankful Thursday posts sure can stretch our minds to choose to focus and look at all sorts of things we have to be thankful for....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you Jess - when sickness hits us it makes us so much more appreciative of our health. Neat that you are able to send your children to a Christian school.

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

    Love & peace,
    <>< Iris

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!